Here’s a simple solution to the annoying flickering problem that can occur in in google chrome browser.
Here’s The Problem:
Quite often i find i’m browsing a web page and all of a sudden google chrome starts to flicker or flash, usually if i mouse over the scrollbars it tends to stop, and leaves me always back at the top of the page.
- I’ve seen this on multiple computers running windows 7 and windows 10, chrome all updated.
- A mix of Nvida and ATI graphics cards (rules out an old issue with nvidia drivers)
- Dual Monitors and Single monitors
- Fresh install of chrome with no addons
- Full chrome update
It was starting to drive me crazy to the point of looking at different browsers.
Until i found the Fix:
- Open Google Chrome, type chrome://flags or about:flags in address bar and press Enter.
- Scroll down until you see a “Smooth Scrolling” option. It would be enabled by default in newer chrome versions.
- Select the Drop down and choose Disabled, click on “Relaunch Now” button
That’s as simple as the fix is. It’ll restart the web browser and the pesky flashing issue should be gone.
There is talk that this feature may be permanently enabled in future, or at least reset with an update – however hopefully there’s a permanent fix to chrome smooth scrolling.
If this fix helped you, or if you have anything to add please let me know in the comments below.